Fuel Pump Not Working?

I have a 90 Cherokee and 90 Comanche. They have been idle for a while. I put a battery in the Cherokee and it fired right up. I put a battery in the Comanche and it did not fire right up. I do not hear the fuel pump come on.  I refreshed the ground by the oil dipstick. I put in all the relays from the Cherokee. I have voltage at the pump. Time for a pump? Thanks for your help. Ken.

I have a 90 Cherokee and 90 Comanche. They have been idle for a while. I put a battery in the Cherokee and it fired right up. I put a battery in the Comanche and it did not fire right up. I do not hear the fuel pump come on.  I refreshed the ground by the oil dipstick. I put in all the relays from the Cherokee. I have voltage at the pump. Time for a pump? Thanks for your help. Ken.

You have voltage at the pump and the pump doesn't run probably because you checked voltage using a chassis ground point instead of the ground wire under the left tail lamp. Agree - test for ground under the tail lamp and at the pump connector.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue. Although it could possibly be the ground under the letf tail light, I have a strong feeling the problem is in the dash.  I  believe this because the parking

brake seems to play a role in the fuel pump functioning.  All of the fuses are functioning. Is there a relay under the dash that of which I am unaware?

I am having the same issue. Although it could possibly be the ground under the letf tail light, I have a strong feeling the problem is in the dash.  I  believe this because the parking

brake seems to play a role in the fuel pump functioning.  All of the fuses are functioning. Is there a relay under the dash that of which I am unaware?

Very doubtful. Sounds like a bad ground. Do the taillight ground FIRST.

Try kicking the crap out of the gas tank right below the fuel pump to while somebody cranks it sometimes it will "wake it up" and run for a bit if not try jumping the ballast for the fuel pump on the driver side inner fender right by the air box or you can also spray starting fluid and see if it starts or at least sputters or you can do a fuel pressure test with a fuel gauge hooking it up to the schrader valve on the fuel rail these steps should help a bit :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

It was the fuel pump. I got a replacement bosch from rock auto with the filter sock. $80 to my door. I destroyed the lock ring. It was rusted pretty good. It came with the o ring which was good because the one with the fuel pump was no good. The pump was like a puzzle with adapters, but it is in there and the Comanche is outside running for the first time in years. I am now motivated to keep going and put it back on the road for my new daily driver. Thanks to all with your tips. Ken.

• 3 months later...

It was the fuel pump. I got a replacement bosch from rock auto with the filter sock. $80 to my door. I destroyed the lock ring. It was rusted pretty good. It came with the o ring which was good because the one with the fuel pump was no good. The pump was like a puzzle with adapters, but it is in there and the Comanche is outside running for the first time in years. I am now motivated to keep going and put it back on the road for my new daily driver. Thanks to all with your tips. Ken.

If it was the Bosch 69302 it will have a spacer and some other pieces to allow the fuel pump to fit snug, I had to trim mine just a little to make it work which was not a big deal at all since it is plastic, glad you got your comanche running :thumbsup: .