Long Arm Kits For 4 Cylinder Ax4-5

I don't know of any direct bolt on kits (havent looked much either),but any radius arm kit could probably be made to fit fairly easy.

3 and 4 link kits will be harder to fit since the T case sits where most kits want the upper arm to go.

On mine I'm building my own kit.

I was looking at that kit a few days ago, they use shorter arms then most LA kits which puts the mounts in front of the stock crossmember on a 4.0l rig. This would put the arm mounts basically were the stock 4cyl crossmember goes so that would need addressed, it also looks like there may be interference issues with the upper arm and the t case.

That atleast looked to be the case with the particular RK 3 link I was looking at.

I'm fortunate enough to have two MJs sitting at my shop right now with 3 link kits (RK/Clayton) so Ive been taking notes for my 3 link crossmember.

I know the majority of the kits could be modified to work but the moment I modify them any warranty is out the window. I really don't want to have modify anything right away that I pay around $1000 for. I would like to build my own but I just don't have the time.

So far I have sent out emails to Clayton, Rough Country, and Rubicon Express. Rough Country said no, but it could be modified to work. No response from Clayton yet, but looking at the design it's hard to see how it would work. No reply from Rubicon Express yet but it looks like it may work. Although i'm not a fan of the RE joints. I have not contacted TNT yet. Any others I should try?

If RE comes back and says their crossmember works you might contact Andy at Ironman,IIRC he builds his LA kit around the RE crossmember.

That is a good idea. 4WP sells the Rubicon Express cross member separately. So I could run it and The Ironman Fab arms with Johnny Joints.

Did some measuring and it looks like an AX15 swap would fix everything, with the Dakota bell the AX15 looks like it would sit in the exact same spot as it would in a 4.0l truck.

This would open up LA options.

I was going to build around an AX5 for now, but now I'm thinking I may do my trans swap first since I have most of the parts already.

Did some measuring and it looks like an AX15 swap would fix everything, with the Dakota bell the AX15 looks like it would sit in the exact same spot as it would in a 4.0l truck.

I was going to build around an AX5 for now, but now I'm thinking I may do my trans swap first since I have most of the parts already.

That sounds like the way to go especially if you were going to do an AX15 swap anyway. Only do it once this way

Ya, I didnt realize how different the AX4/5 and AX15 trucks were till I started measuring and comparing my MJ to the other MJs I have at the shop. I will definitely come out ahead by doing the transmission swap first.

Why don't you build a custom cross member?

Looks like i'll be pulling 60 hour weeks until the end of summer. I just don't have the time. I want to be able to assemble it all in a couple weekends so I have something to wheel this summer. Not to mention my Dad is borrowing my welder until he is finished with his '57 Buick resto.

AX15s are hard to come by in GA  lately. A couple guys on my club's BBS have been looking for one for months. Plus i'm not sure i'm really in danger of killing an AX4 with a stock TBI 2.5l.

I did some more checking and measuring, the AX15 would help move everything back a couple inches but not as much as I initially thought.

It will help me a little with my project but I'm not sure how much it will help with bolt on options.

I think the Clayton crossmember could be made to work pretty easily. Looks like I could just weld a section to the front of the Clayton crossmember to support a tranny mount. What do you guys think?

Nice, so get some custom length arms and you will be good to go.

You can run the standard length RE arms. The crossmember and arm mounts are separate pieces. The crossmember has several sets of holes and slots to accommodate the different transmission mount locations.