New Junk Yard Search Engine...... Row52.com

yellaheep

Stumbled on this when looking at one of our local yard's website.  They posted they were now subscribed to Row52.com for their inventory listing.  Seems to be a good site.  Has a photo of the vehicle and where it can be found.  You can sign up to get notices of new inventory for specific yards or other search parameters.

Here's a link of what a search results page looks like:

http://row52.com/Search/?Year=1986-92&LocationId=0&ZipCode=&Distance=Radius&MakeId=155&ModelId=2940&Page=1

Hoping this works better than the notification feature for Pull-n-Pay.  I never get notified of new arrival Comanche's.

Always wished junkyards would have at least a listing of their own on their website. Locally, most subscribe to car-part.com, but this looks like a better resource... If they can keep it updated. I really like that they include pictures.

That's cool. I bet Canada isn't in there though. Fortunately car-part.com has lots of Canadian salvage yards in it. Unfortunately the one I visit the most doesn't keep their website up-to-date nor are they listed in car-part.com, but they have a lot of turnover.

They do allow you to search based on proximity of a postal code. Searching here in S'toon (with a 50 mile radius) brought up "0 participating yards" but it did show the Buck's location here, and then the one in Regina when I expanded the search radius to 250 miles, as "non-participating yards" and then suggested I suggest they add their inventory.

So it does work in Canada... except it hasn't got anything listed. Maybe in time.

No participating yard within 100 miles of my location. (Metro Detroit)  Closest one is Columbus Ohio.    There are a few non participating ones that show up, lets hope the get added to this site.   I doubt they will though, even when you call asking for a part they say I don't know, come and look for yourself.