Speedometer Pinned :(

Unscrew the cable at the tranny/t-case end and push some of the rod back through. I had to do that with my old cable before I replaced it, because it shouldn't move freely in and out like that. 

before ya had to replace the cable? and how much should i push in the cable and what do i do if i can't push any in?

Redwolf

Because of that plastic cover, the rod shouldn't slide. Because it does, that plastic piece is either missing, or broken. I ran mine like that for awhile, and other than a bouncing speedo, it was fine. If you can't push in at all, than that plastic piece may not be broken, maybe the actual rod snapped? If you can push it, do it so there is enough left on the tranny side to bite the speedo gear, otherwise you'll be running into the same problem, but on the reverse end. 

:popcorn:  this is a 40-50 poster for sure.....  :thwak:

40-50 poster? Never heard that before. 

How did you hit the speedo needle? Did you take the clear plastic cover off the front?

yeah i took the clear plastic cover off, i thought the light bulbs had to be takin out from inside the cluster

Because of that plastic cover, the rod shouldn't slide. Because it does, that plastic piece is either missing, or broken. I ran mine like that for awhile, and other than a bouncing speedo, it was fine. If you can't push in at all, than that plastic piece may not be broken, maybe the actual rod snapped? If you can push it, do it so there is enough left on the tranny side to bite the speedo gear, otherwise you'll be running into the same problem, but on the reverse end. 

:popcorn:  this is a 40-50 poster for sure.....  :thwak:

40-50 poster? Never heard that before. 

i'll try to push it in, and if i don't have a speed in reverse oh well, i don't use that anyhow and by 40-50 poster they're jokin me, go read my other threads and you'll understand,

Redwolf

"if i don't have a speed in reverse oh well, i don't use that anyhow"

Will you not be running a risk of getting a speeding ticket when you are backing up then...... :dunno: 

I don't think the mechanical speedometers register in reverse. There's a pin at zero, the needle can't go lower than that.

eagle my speedo needle can wrap around, the lowest number is 5 and there's no pin to keep it from goin lower than. Also i was able to push the rod back in the cable but the POS speedo is still pined but i did noticed it moved a little up,

Redwolf

:popcorn:  this is a 40-50 poster for sure..... :thwak:

Maybe even an 80-90 poster.   :popcorn:

not trying to be rude but if yall can't help don't reply, i'm willing to try anything bein that my inspcetion is next month,

Redwolf

"if i don't have a speed in reverse oh well, i don't use that anyhow"

Will you not be running a risk of getting a speeding ticket when you are backing up then...... :dunno: 

How fast are you going in reverse??!!

So, did you get the bulbs replaced?

they didn't need to be replaced, it was either my switch or my battery but i did wana find out the type of bulb and i didn't figure that out either but as of now....knock on wood...the speedo works, i don't know how accurate it is, seems to be under the speed limit now but it moves,

Redwolf

I don't remember any VA inspector checking my vehicle's speedometer when I lived up there. Of course, maybe they do now, who knows.  :dunno:

i don't know but if a cop can give ya a ticket for falty equipment i assume it's gotta work for inspection,

Redwolf