Water Leaking Down The Firewall On The Inside Passenger Side

After heavy rains, there is water standing in my passenger floor board. I sat in the truck once and watched it come down the firewall from under the passenger side dash. Someone recommended that I take the grill off from under the windshield wipers and make sure the little drain hole isn't plugged up but dang if I could find any drain hole. Any other suggestions where this might be coming from?

And I have a little surface rust on the floorboards. I've long since removed the carpet and padding and just have the sheetmetal showing. What can I coat that with to keep it from rusting?

I would suggest that it's possibly a worn out windshield seal. It could possibly be the drain hole is clogged, but I don't have a picture of it to show where the exact location is. :dunno:

As for the rust on the floorboards, you could coat with Rust-X or (my preference) Rustoleum's Rust Reformer product. Either that, or wire wheel the rust off and coat in POR-15 or bedliner paint, as some others have done here.

You're better off going with a combination of the two most likely for best results. :thumbsup: 

I've used both. I'll clean it up and go with Rust Reformer. If you could find a picture of the drain hole, that would be helpful but I can't find ANYTHING that looks like a drain hole.

Can I reseal my windshield?

Picture of drain holes courtesy of Cherokeeforum. :cheers: They are in the same location for both sides. As far as their cowl location goes, they should be inside at the corners. They're more like a channel than an actual hole, IIRC. My advice would be to remove the wiper motor and vacuum out the area inside. That's what I did with mine when I was replacing bushings on the wiper arms.

Also, it may be worthwhile to give this a lookover.

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/water-leaking-cowl-34969/