So I Had A Thought For A Engine Swap

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's keep this going! I like it when people think outside the box. Some great ideas can come that way. What other non traditional enfines would you throw in a Manche? How about a Mazda Miller Cycle engine out of a Millenia? How about the V6 VTEC Honda engine out of the Accord? The Ridgeline won a few off road races sporting it. Maybe a V8 out of the old Infinity Q45?

Non traditional engine?  Look at the 2004 Isuzu Rodoe 3.5 V6.  Gasoline Direct Inection, 250 hp.@ 5600 rpm, 246lb/ft at 3000 rpm.  Aluminum block and Heads, 10.3 compression runs on 87 oct. gas.  Engine weight is about 450 lbs.  Best of all the automatic transmission is our own AW4.  Does the transfer case line up for the Jeep?  Don't know.  Guess I should look at my 4X4 Rodeo and my sister-in-laws 4X4 XJ.  The enine is close to bullet proof, good low end torque and a 6200 rpm.  Much better 4 valve head than the non crossflow 2 valve Jeep head.

Let's keep this going! I like it when people think outside the box. Some great ideas can come that way. What other non traditional enfines would you throw in a Manche? How about a Mazda Miller Cycle engine out of a Millenia? How about the V6 VTEC Honda engine out of the Accord? The Ridgeline won a few off road races sporting it. Maybe a V8 out of the old Infinity Q45?

Non traditional engine?  Look at the 2004 Isuzu Rodoe 3.5 V6.  Gasoline Direct Inection, 250 hp.@ 5600 rpm, 246lb/ft at 3000 rpm.  Aluminum block and Heads, 10.3 compression runs on 87 oct. gas.  Engine weight is about 450 lbs.  Best of all the automatic transmission is our own AW4.  Does the transfer case line up for the Jeep?  Don't know.  Guess I should look at my 4X4 Rodeo and my sister-in-laws 4X4 XJ.  The enine is close to bullet proof, good low end torque and a 6200 rpm.  Much better 4 valve head than the non crossflow 2 valve Jeep head.

That's what I'm talking about! That sounds like a fantastic mill!

• 4 weeks later...

If the trans is the same version of AW4 that Jeep uses then you "should" be able to use the Isuzu bell and torque converter on the Jeep trans. I don't know if there is enough space for the motor width-wise at that point. If there is, then motor mounts and a big enough rad will do most of the swap if the steering doesn't interfere with the pan or exhaust.