87 Comanche Won't Start

Seems like you say that on every site we're both on. Attitude is everything. Mine is positive about trying to help people, even if it's outside the "box". I notice that after people go through your tips and the ones that don't have it fixed by that point, you seem to have no answers for them so you stop posting. You do a good service with your grouping of what to do first and they really should listen to that. Calling anything people do or suggest that is outside your box wrong is a disservice. I have been taking care to NOT shoot from the hip, yet you still treat me like I'm the enemy. If I post something wrong, call me on it. I'm man enough for that. Saying that NOTHING I do or say is right is wrong and there are people leaving because of it.

I am here to truly help people. I'm not paid to do it.

No answers after my tips? Are you kidding me? Check with some of the folks on these forums. Why do I get "thank you" PMs almost daily because I stuck with them? I'm not positive? I'm positive I don't want folks taking poor advice and spending their time and money chasing down yours, or anyone else's rabbit trail. I don't help people?

Your "outside the box" thinking is extremely distracting not only to the folks seeking help, but to those of us who have to go back in and straighten things out after you've "shotgunned" multiple posts with mostly nonsense. I'm thinking "out of the box" is just another excuse for irresponsible posting. 

If you call this "taking care not shooting from the hip", you're saying 2 things. One is that you have been shooting from the hip until recently. Since when? When I called you on it?

And two, what if I hadn't done that? Would it have continued? 

I made a noted effort to say in my previous posts that not ALL of your info or advice was bad. Go re-read that. 

Now you're the victim.......

I care about these people. I don't want them to waste time and money, and I don't wanna waste my time or anyone else's cleaning up after your "out of the box" suggestions. You've admitted that you were "kidding" when I challenged you, or that you had some other issue like dyslexia or the like and sometimes got stuff backwards. Holy crap, man. How is that my fault? If you truly have issues regarding dyslexia or other maladies, please try using some extra effort before posting.

Who is leaving because I challenged you? Anyone out there? Post up. I wanna know.  

Are you thinking I am paid for what I do, and you're not? ....Sheesh.

I took some time off and thought about my reply before coming back. 

When I said I was kidding, I was only half kidding because it was entirely doable but the cost of parts varies everywhere in this country. Not everyone has a pull-a-part in their area where they can get a whole motor in unknown condition for $100. 

You do things by the book, which is the right thing to do unless it doesn't work. The OP posted that he did what you said to do and refreshed all grounds, etc and still it's not even trying to start. I waited for you to offer him another solution. Nothing from you was posted so I offered the next step and you attacked me. Sets a nice example, doesn't it?

His last post on the board: " 10 March 2014 - 02:08 AM

There's no spark. I've tested the new one and it's putting off .5. Could it w the computer I'm stuck any ideas?"

Most people who leave don't bother saying why. They just go.

I care about these people too or I wouldn't be coming here to give free advice. Never said you got paid to do it.

There are different types of repair people out there.

Parts shotgunners, who load the parts gun with everything they can/can't afford and pull the trigger. Then they get upset if it doesn't work.

By the book: Follow the steps and if that doesn't fix it, do it again and again until it does work. If that doesn't cure it, you must've done something wrong.

Previous experience. "I had one that did that and this is what worked for me". I had one old guy with a '55 Dodge with flathead that was 6 volt. When it wouldn't start, he would turn on the headlights for 3 minutes, then it would. Turned out he flooded the carb so sitting cleared it out and the headlights on warmed up the battery post so the moisture between it and the clamp dried up and it started.

There are different ways of approaching a problem but in the end the cure is still going to be the cure. 

My question is why are you so angry?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like you say that on every site we're both on. Attitude is everything. Mine is positive about trying to help people, even if it's outside the "box". I notice that after people go through your tips and the ones that don't have it fixed by that point, you seem to have no answers for them so you stop posting. You do a good service with your grouping of what to do first and they really should listen to that. Calling anything people do or suggest that is outside your box wrong is a disservice. I have been taking care to NOT shoot from the hip, yet you still treat me like I'm the enemy. If I post something wrong, call me on it. I'm man enough for that. Saying that NOTHING I do or say is right is wrong and there are people leaving because of it.

I am here to truly help people. I'm not paid to do it.

No answers after my tips? Are you kidding me? Check with some of the folks on these forums. Why do I get "thank you" PMs almost daily because I stuck with them? I'm not positive? I'm positive I don't want folks taking poor advice and spending their time and money chasing down yours, or anyone else's rabbit trail. I don't help people?

Your "outside the box" thinking is extremely distracting not only to the folks seeking help, but to those of us who have to go back in and straighten things out after you've "shotgunned" multiple posts with mostly nonsense. I'm thinking "out of the box" is just another excuse for irresponsible posting. 

If you call this "taking care not shooting from the hip", you're saying 2 things. One is that you have been shooting from the hip until recently. Since when? When I called you on it?

And two, what if I hadn't done that? Would it have continued? 

I made a noted effort to say in my previous posts that not ALL of your info or advice was bad. Go re-read that. 

Now you're the victim.......

I care about these people. I don't want them to waste time and money, and I don't wanna waste my time or anyone else's cleaning up after your "out of the box" suggestions. You've admitted that you were "kidding" when I challenged you, or that you had some other issue like dyslexia or the like and sometimes got stuff backwards. Holy crap, man. How is that my fault? If you truly have issues regarding dyslexia or other maladies, please try using some extra effort before posting.

Who is leaving because I challenged you? Anyone out there? Post up. I wanna know.  

Are you thinking I am paid for what I do, and you're not? ....Sheesh.

I took some time off and thought about my reply before coming back. 

When I said I was kidding, I was only half kidding because it was entirely doable but the cost of parts varies everywhere in this country. Not everyone has a pull-a-part in their area where they can get a whole motor in unknown condition for $100. 

You do things by the book, which is the right thing to do unless it doesn't work. The OP posted that he did what you said to do and refreshed all grounds, etc and still it's not even trying to start. I waited for you to offer him another solution. Nothing from you was posted so I offered the next step and you attacked me. Sets a nice example, doesn't it?

His last post on the board: " 10 March 2014 - 02:08 AM

There's no spark. I've tested the new one and it's putting off .5. Could it w the computer I'm stuck any ideas?"

Most people who leave don't bother saying why. They just go.

I care about these people too or I wouldn't be coming here to give free advice. Never said you got paid to do it.

There are different types of repair people out there.

Parts shotgunners, who load the parts gun with everything they can/can't afford and pull the trigger. Then they get upset if it doesn't work.

By the book: Follow the steps and if that doesn't fix it, do it again and again until it does work. If that doesn't cure it, you must've done something wrong.

Previous experience. "I had one that did that and this is what worked for me". I had one old guy with a '55 Dodge with flathead that was 6 volt. When it wouldn't start, he would turn on the headlights for 3 minutes, then it would. Turned out he flooded the carb so sitting cleared it out and the headlights on warmed up the battery post so the moisture between it and the clamp dried up and it started.

There are different ways of approaching a problem but in the end the cure is still going to be the cure. 

My question is why are you so angry?

Cuz I'm tired of going through multiple bull$#!& posts of yours and correcting them every time you come on here and throw out some crap into numerous threads!!

Did you read the post I made? 

It's like you swoop in, $#!& in numerous posts, and I and others have to clean it up before someone steps in it.

Why? Am I the only one that feels this way? Am I stating things that are untrue? Is carnuck not seeing things as they really are? 

Unsuspecting folks need to be protected from distracting, often incorrect info posted by carnuck. Not to mention the fact the "damage control" that must be done to undo the shotgun posting done by him. Don't we owe that to other members? PMing with him will have little as far as results. He just doesn't get it. The warnings/alerts MUST be posted in the numerous threads he "shotguns" here, just as he does in other forums. 

I'm tired of the excuses of "I was half kidding". "I had an accident at the dealership". "Sometimes I see things backwards". All excuses for irresponsible posting, creating work for other responsible members. Not just me. 

Elijah, definitely go through as many of Cruiser's Renix Tips as you can before you go replacing stuff willy nilly.  You may just fix it along the way, and most of them can be done for free, or very little cost (A few bucks for a can of cleaner, or a small ground strap).

Once that is over with, if you still have no spark even with all of the grounds in spiffy condition and connections cleaned up then I would look to the other side of the electrical flow.  Start with small parts like double checking the cap and rotor.  I had a brand new rotor on my 88 4.0 and I started to have problems with it running rough, and when I took off the cap I had found that my rotor end had literally smashed itself off on one of the cap terminals.  This along with finidng oil in the bottom of it,lead me to understand that my distributor was badly worn.   
l
If all of that is kosher, move down the line.  My next step would be a coil.  If you have the money to replace the coil, I would honestly just do it.  Coils have a lifespan and will often get weak, or simply die, after a while.  Mine wasn't the main problem I was first having, but it was contributing to the problem and making it worse.  After I put a new coil on, it ran a million times better, even if it didn't solve the initial problem.  Plus, coils are actually pretty cheap for these engines.  I got mine for $25 off Rockauto with no complaints so far.