The Mighty Dodge

Stumbled across this a couple years ago - - Sleazy eBay used car dealer had it - Thought I remembered seeing it  inna Mecum KC auction - Did some deep Google research & found that it was a '06-'07 Speed Channel-Crusin' with E-Rider project - Solid no rust & then strip everthing out & then everthing new/rebuilt - Paint & bodywork, interior, engine, trans, AC, etc - All by local shops in the Dayton, Ohio area - - Next owner was hard on it/goofed up carb swap & a few other things - It went through Mecum for 3K & bidders premium - Then after 2 r 3 no/low bid go arounds on EB I drove to Iowa, Listened to the BS & drove it home for 2K & change - Wife drove it off the lot after handshake & $ handover - Then after paper work & I'm leaving, casually mentioned it's TV history - Jaw drop & WTF look was worth enduring his BS & thinking he had another sucker - - Left him logging onto a link detailing the Speed Chanel restore stuff - - - - - Anyway, drove it home to Missouri, 70-75mph mostly & a little over 31mpg wi no probs other'n Wife crabbin' about the speed - - - How it looked:

Took out grey interior & put this in - Power windows from an Acclaim & Honda Civic console:

Currently replacing grey headliner with maroon/burgundy material - Found basically NOS door panels & seats & a few other upgrades - MJ taking most of tinker time - 

. :MJ 1: .

So does it have the 2.2L?

2.2 - Nothing special - Air pump, egr, computer & vac lines all gone - Weber 32/36 DFEV - Air cleaner from a Canadian built Omni -  Fuel reg set to 2.5 - SVDA 034 Dizzy swap @ 14B4 - Autolite 985s-Same as Jeep 4.0/2.5 - Cam Shield/Curtain - Water box straight to heater core - Charger 5 blade rad fan - RV coolant bottle-barely visible below/front of hood latch spring - Neon strut tower brace - - - Eng Bay's cleaner than pic shows & since then 8mm plug wires & super duty lightning's got nothin' on me coil added  - - - Runs ok but the VW dist has too narrow advance curve - Gonna mod an '80 Omnirizon dist, but for now the MJ gets/takes all tinker time.  

• 5 months later...

I love me some L body goodness. My 84 Rampage is on www.carmemories.com under the Dodge section. My 87 Shelby Charger is also on there. Beautiful little Trucklette. Time for a turbo swap!

WOW!  Those 2 are nice!  Anymore pics - info about them?

:bowdown:

I sold the Rampage in 2004. It was lowered by doing an axle flip and cutting the front coils. The nose was from a Shelby Charger. The side skirts are from a Taurus and Firebird. I installed a sunroof from a Daytona and put a bench seat out of a Plymouth Acclaim in place of the buckets. The rear bumper was off a GLH Omni. Lastly, the wheels were off a Nissan 200 SE-R. I had it painted candy apple red pearl and a local sign shop made the Rampage stripe.

1559.jpg

The SC is still in my garage. It currently has 71,171 miles on it. I have done a ton of work to the motor and it runs mid 11s in the 1/4. Last time out it was on 22 psi and a 75 shot of nitrous. I have owned it since June of 97. I bought it from a local dealer for $2500 and it only had 59,000 miles on it. I love the car. Thus the shelbyluvv screen name. I don't have a lot of pics of either one in digital form.

Not my car but they are I dentical.

1987shelby.jpg

This is my car (horrible pic)

1558.jpg

shelbyluvv

" . . . . . . Time for a turbo swap! "

Took your advice!  Found it on eBay - - Told the Mrs;  when we're too old to drive won't have to decide son/daughter thing - One for each . . .  & SHE BOUGHT IT!

Nowhere near as fast or good looking as your CS - - If CC ever gets a YOOP of the month you should be a cinch for #1

Anyway, a few pics of The Mighty Dodge Turbo . . . . . Still can't get over she bought it.

Both 84 models too. Nice! Keep the stock nose cover if you do a Shelby conversion. The 4 head light beak is 84 only on the Rampage. The Charger/Duster used them until 87 though.

There is a ton of mods out there for the 2.2 T1 motor. They can very easily push over 275 horse on stock internals. I removed the T1 suck through induction and went to a T2 blow through system. It's a bolt on.

Gonna check the T2, but pwr windows are probably the only mod it'll get - My go fast days are pretty much over - Been mostly a lurker on TurboDodge - They've some Great Gurus there  - -  http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f8/f34/467481-official-rampage-scamp-thread.html

This Rampage/Scamp forum was added year or so ago - - B spendin' some time there I reckon - - - Thanks for the help.

:thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

There is a ton of mods out there for the 2.2 T1 motor. They can very easily push over 275 horse on stock internals. I removed the T1 suck through induction and went to a T2 blow through system. It's a bolt on.

Considered the T2, but the T1 is working OK & my wrenching days are pretty much over - However, the engine has probs with #2 cylinder - Dunno if head, rings or what but somethings gonna be done to fix it - Found this on CL - Only a few miles from me & have talked to the guy - - - http://stlouis.craigslist.org/search/sss?sort=date&query=dodge%20rampage

& then this popped up on eBay:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shelby-Dodge-supercharger-blower-B-M-direct-connection-charger-omni-rampage-/181511032146?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a42e68d52&vxp=mtr

Any thoughts on the supercharger?

:idea:

You need another L Truck, lol. The other two are beautiful so why not get a third?

I had a B&M on my truck at one time with a Direct Connection long tube header. I had to use a Weber carb to get the air/fuel ratio right. If you can get the blower for less than $1000 you are getting a good deal!

The CL rampage will be for parts - It's a T1 5 spd wi supposed good engine/tranny - Turbo has probs - eng/trans out & in bed - That's all owner knows - says he took it in trade & wants it gone - impressions after talking to him:  he wants it gone; 4 sure - All he knows; maybe  -  -  other'n hood/front end/tail lights it's pretty much junk - - Looking like my t1 has a bad #2 cylinder - busted ring r piston - so cheap parts perhaps - - - - - - - - - - -  Main concern with the SC is air condish - both rampages have working AC & I wanna keep 'em that way - Think it'll bolt on ok but not 100% sure - been reading/searching a bunch - - Thanks & any other opinions/suggestions are appreciated - -