Comanche Of The Month - August, 2013 - The Rc Mj!

Remember back when the news was going around that they were making them again? It was actually two years ago this month when the fire started to spread. The excitement was amazing! Just the thought that a company would spend the money on such a task and the research and development behind it all is truly an honor to what Jeep produced so many years ago now. The lines were dead on. The customization was just as workable as original. The body being totally susceptible to rust was totally what we needed! That's right, this month's MJTOM goes to...

THE RC MJ!!!!

1098490_454733184625550_1673096641_n.jpg

These things are amazing! They're just what the Comanche Doctor called for when it comes to all the offload action without the headache of playing nice enough to drive it back home. Hell, they're easy enough to keep around that anyone can build their own RC fleet that could rival even the very Jim Oshel! Let's have another look...

970315_454733194625549_362198184_n.jpg

995975_454733247958877_1474412877_n.jpg

1157721_454733231292212_990701095_n.jpg

1150173_454733207958881_107283966_n.jpg

12975_454733227958879_1344339861_n.jpg

So, there you have it... your MJOTM for August, 2013! Nope, there's no specs listed this month. However, I would invite everyone to post up their own RC MJ! Make sure you list the usual drivetrain, suspenion, wheels/tires, even your best MJ story about your RC truck. Let's see what you've got, CC!

Axial SCX10 Honcho base with the MJ two piece body and XJ floor pan/interior.

Started off as this wannabe Toyota:

Image Not Found

Body work done.

Image Not Found

Upgraded to an aluminum 4link front and rear. This really tightened up the truck on the rocks.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

As with all MJs, a few years on the trail can take its toll on the body.

Image Not Found

She runs well, even at 12,000 feet!

Of course you have friends with an enemy truck, a Losi....

I am still running the stock Axial motor and speed control. They work great. I have custom front and rear bumper designs in the works for the truck as well. Next up will be rebuilding the axles (pinion bearings are real loose) with aluminum outters/knuckles/hubs and aluminum ring and pinion.

Yes these are VERY cool. But arent there enough real trucks you could do features on?

You bet, but unfortunately, this one is on me. I have been super busy as of late, even missing my Aug mortgage payment by 5 days. My apologies to everyone. Work has me running nonstop, as well as life in general.

I discussed it with Pete, and we decided that Ben is going to carry the MJOTM torch forward, as well as be another member of the mod staff. I'll still be around, but with a lighter presence. MJOTM is in great hands with Ben. He's done the calendars for us, as well as being one of the biggest MJ nerds around these parts. Ben took the reigns early, as I was just going to skip this month. I didn't realize I had missed it until the 5th, and I didn't want to short anyone out on account of my mistake. Ben being Ben, insisted we fill the gap, and came up with this as a way to still highlight an MJ of sorts, while not giving anyone the proverbial short end of the stick.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...