Hawaiian Style Mj

4 bolt steering box

That sleeve got welded in

As of today, I pulled the 35, need to get new center pins. Cleaned and painted the 44, ready to press  on new axle bearings and set up brakes. Hopefully can roll it under the truck and set it up next week. Tnt trac bar should be here friday as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nothing really new, been driving her daily working out the kinks. no offroad yet, wheels and tires should be here by end of October.

Raised steering stabilizer mount, don't mind that weld....found out my gun cable wasnt pushed into machine all the way...no gas. Has since been grinded and rewelded.

New steering linkage

Its Currie's linkage, and yes it did come from the mainland haha!

The tie rod angle gets maxed out on the original with this tall of a lift. I got a front dana 44 to install one day too, and would have liked to build a crossover highsteer setup for it, I am realizing I'm not on an "Xtreme 4x4 budget" so I went with an upgraded stock linkage setup from currie, works with Jeeps 4-6" of lift without a drop pitman arm...I have a 2" drop so I figured I'm good, and so far its great! Expensive but I figured I wanted to go offroad ASAP, not spend a grand building a dana 44.

Ready for the weekend!!!!

Tires are in Oahu, wheels are on the way from the mainland still! Put a stock headpipe back on and got rid of the 2.5" one I had made...weve all had that make it loud phase. And I'm actually happy to hop in my truck and drive, no deafening tone inside the cab while cruising! Next is the rest of the tailpipe!

Thanks, I appreciate that!

Well I would have taken more pics of this weekend....but we kinda don't like showing people our diving spots....so I don't really take much photos, except of what we catch. Any way went to Waipio valley this weekend, north east side of Island of Hawaii, best way to describe the road is a single lane badly paved road a little over a mile long with a 25% down grade! 4x4 required to enter, but well worth the hell on brakes and clutch on the way up.

Truck did good during this trip, last time I went there the truck was lower and the transfercase chain was stretched, found that out on the way up the hill.Only mishap this time....shock eye broke...damn RE shocks.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Thanks for the welcome back! Been a long time, figured share a bit of the changes. Debating on making a small how to LS thread to just post up the hurdles and things I’ve decided to do to make it work out. Just waiting on driveshafts and gotta make a fan shroud this week and put in the fan. 

Truck is not driving yet but wanted to make a list of stuff I used to LS swap this truck. Just in case anyone is looking for info. I didn’t go 100% Novak for budget reasons...put that $ saved on the headers, and cooling into the computer system. This wasn’t cheap by any means and it’s not done yet. 

-2003 5.3L and 4L60e

-LS1 intake

-holley fuel rails

-LS1 injectors

-Novak mounts

-Novak transfercase adapter 

-Novak cable shifter (had to bend the bracket to make the cable work)

-Novak transmission mount w/homemade plate

-Becool LS universal radiator 22x19” (would’ve gone with a shorter one) 

-2000 camaro manifolds 

-Ict billet PS and alternator accessory brackets 

-Holley Terminator X Max computer and harness 

-C5 corvette fuel filter/regulator 

D34FB0A4-36DA-4FBE-A5B5-F94D62877328.jpeg

FC12C0D2-92C8-4A62-BB16-F1A9A219B162.jpeg

6BF49CEC-AF4B-4FE1-B0B4-5BB4A1C0B923.jpeg

9351B695-F3AB-4A23-8CAD-0A368723785D.jpeg

9AF8CDF0-4F43-411D-BBF6-64F0E1EE19F6.jpeg

860EDC61-F08C-4FF4-8F44-13B7BA1A1188.jpeg

For shifting the trans I went with the winters sidewinder shifter. Looking back now I would’ve ordered the flat mount instead of with the console. Console didn’t fit so made one. I don’t know how I feel about it and may make another eventually. And for exhaust I ended up cutting the collector mounts and welding on some Vband mounts. Probably one of my biggest regrets. It makes the headers fit  in nicer but bolting then collector pipe on in an 8” lifted truck is a pain. 

9276231F-B010-475E-ACC5-D0BB2AD59110.jpeg

0D74D978-29CB-47F9-90C3-56E0BE1EE653.jpeg

On 6/7/2021 at 12:47 AM, 702_MJ said:

Debating on making a small how to LS thread to just post up the hurdles and things I’ve decided to do to make it work out.

yes, you should absolutely do that!  also, I'm moving this over to Epic Tech.  :L: 

• 2 weeks later...

Been slow going but got the fan shroud made and mounted, and got the driveshafts made. A pair of fans would probably be better but wouldn’t fit in the area I had. It’s a 16” flexalite lopro fan, advertised to pull 3k cfm. 

4D9DB95A-F44D-4199-B992-FD8830B6D1AC.jpeg

0D5D2212-0580-4F2D-B72B-D864D0CC012C.jpeg