New Shocks, Monroe Sensa Track Load Levelers

Well that sucks... lol.  Perhaps being an '86 has something to do with it?  All I know is that it's a 16 gal and it was on the truck when I bought it... Couldn't tell ya if they swapped it in at some point or if it was factory.  Wasn't a bit rusty though after 28 years, so I dunno.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can measure mine tomorrow afternoon if you would like me too?

That would be great if you could - thanks. 

No problem. If I get out of class early I will measure them before work and post back around noon, otherwise it'll be after 4 pm central time lol

I can measure mine tomorrow afternoon if you would like me too?

That would be great if you could - thanks. 

Don, it rained all days yesterday and is currently raining... I'll measure when it's decently dried up. Sorry for the delay

I just installed the normal sensatracs on the back, do we use the metal spacer/washer on the top shock mount at all? It seems one side had it on mine and the other did not, So I have them both on right now without the washer.

I thought the metal washer was supposed to stop the nut from digging into the rub bushing :dunno:  I used mine

• 7 months later...

I've had these shocks (as well as regular SensaTracs for the front) for a few months now, and I'm quite happy still. I've hauled several pretty heavy loads and never has the truck gone below level. They seem to have slightly raised the rear when unloaded as well.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...