Military Wrapped Springs With Lift, Group Buy

I wish I would of seen this earlier. New years eve I bent my main leaf at the eye dragging the spring plate (SUA) over a log. It basically made the sping about an inch and half longer on the one side. I picked up a jy set yesterday for now though.

I spoke with a few locals in Alpine, one old lady told me the lights would actually follow you from a distance and that back in the 60s and 70s you could get really close to them, in fact they would come really close to town.

I don't doubt your sightings, a lot of people vehemently swear by what they saw.

...and I'm sorry for hijacking the thread into the paranormal. If alien RVers didn't maliciously dump their radioactive gray water in Alpine we wouldn't be talking about this.

I might be in for a set,So what your saying is a front set 4/1 that give 2" of lift in SUA and 3/1 0" lift in SUA correct?My sons thinking about SOA his rear with his 2wd springs and goin leafs in the front to save some cash for now as building his axles is taking most his money.

BUMP - Lest we forget - How's the interest/sign up going?

:thumbsup:

I sent this link to the vendor and asked them to sign on and answer any questions, but see they haven't. Since I started the thread, guess I'm on the hook for a set. How about if someone else e-mails them and ask if they will pop on here to answer any Q's.

Hello everyone,

My name is Joe and I'm the owner of General Spring and Eric told me about these forums and said you might be interested in some leaf springs so I'm here to see what we can do for you. I know some of you have already purchased leaf springs from us before so I want to say thank you for that. Now, Eric came to us looking for a few different options of different capacities and different lifts so in order to get you the best price we'll need about 5 pairs of whichever design is most needed or multiple designs so we already have the metric tonne spring which is a 5(3/2) system which raises roughly and inch or two depending on sag. Eric was interested in a stock replacement but building a wrap around the front side of the main leaf and also a bit heavier spring so a 4(3/1) with about 2" of height figured in so just trying to get a feel for your needs so let me know. I did call Hells Creek about purchasing their prints since those were a popular spring but they wanted more than we are willing to spend so anytime 2" - 3" is desired it's pretty easy to hit that mark just going off OEM springs which is the route we are going to take. Thanks again for the previous purchases and I look forward to helping you guys out in the future just need some input as direction to take so let's see some responses and we'll take it from there.

Joe Wallace

General Spring

Joe,

Eric here. Thank you very much for taking the time to come on here to answer questions in person. I am good for a set of military wrapped springs with aprox 2" of lift. I'm flexible as to 5(3/2) or 4(3/1) What ever it takes to get an order together I can go with that.

. . . . . Thank you very much for taking the time to come on here to answer questions in person. I am good for a set of military wrapped springs with aprox 2" of lift. I'm flexible as to 5(3/2) or 4(3/1) What ever it takes to get an order together I can go with that.

Me too, Thanks again, RM

If shipping to Canada is reasonable I need a set too. I take it the springs will essentially be metric ton springs military wrapped. They can be wrapped in the back too, just need to make new shackles.

Here go:

http://www.generalsp...nche_s/1954.htm - - - & select the 5(3/2) - add 2 cart - continue wi ck out - fill in your info - update - please select & S&H should be close/same -

:thumbsup:

I'm needing a set also. I would lean towards the M/T version because I plan on towing my boat with the Mj someday. But at the same time a good ride without a load is important too. Does anyone know how the M/T springs ride?

I'm needing a set also. I would lean towards the M/T version because I plan on towing my boat with the Mj someday. But at the same time a good ride without a load is important too. Does anyone know how the M/T springs ride?

I've had a set of their 3+2 MT springs on since late 06. They ride firmer than the stockers but are not harsh at all. I also have a camper shell installed so there's more weight on them. Also they provided about a 2" lift.

So, Mr. Wallace. How do you want us to handle the orders? Do you want each of us to call them in seperately? I would like to use my pay pal account if possible. Then when they show up, I can tell the wifey that I won them in a contest...

So, Mr. Wallace. How do you want us to handle the orders? Do you want each of us to call them in seperately? I would like to use my pay pal account if possible. Then when they show up, I can tell the wifey that I won them in a contest...

Will she really swallow that line????

For a novice about springs, what do the spring numbers mean: 4(3/1) vs. 5(3/2)?

How much lift would either spring provide. I am looking for 2" to 3".

My current leaves are original. The right side has a broken leaf. So I need to have that repaired/replaced.

So are we thinking the metric tonne 3/2 leaf system but maybe putting a military wrap around the front eye? The factory front eye is a berlin meaning it's rolled on top and then bent back where the eye is even with the main leaf but if we are going to wrap the front eye it would be best to do a standard eye so I need to make sure there's no interference from the front hanger so if someone could put up a good picture of the front eye going into the hanger I'd appreciate it to make sure we get it correct.

My stockers are buttery smooth but they sag pretty bad with just a few hundred pounds. They still have no problem clearing my 265/75s though. I'm sure either set will be an improvement. My truck just floats over the back roads and I don't want that to change.