Jcroffroad New Jeep Comanche Mj Diy Rear Bumper!

We leaked some photos of the DIY rear MJ bumper on our facebook page and on a few different forums. It's finally into production and ready to ship out!

MJ-DIY-Desc.jpg

The kit includes everything you need besides some free time :tea:

This is how it all goes together!

MJ-DIY-Animation.gif

MJ-DIY-R2.jpg

MJ-DIY-R7.jpg

Full assembly instructions can be found on our website! Follow the link below :2thumbsup:

http://www.jcroffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=J&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=XJB&Product_Code=DIY-MJ-R

I like the look of it but I have no welding skills, how much for a built one? I don't see it on your website.

We don't offer one completed. We offered MJ parts in the past and sold very little. The MJ market is a very small market and thus makes it very hard for us to fit them in our manufacturing schedule. Our process is about large batches and based on previous experience, we don't want to tie up resources and space in product that doesn't move quickly. We decided to meet MJ owners in the middle on this with our DIY bumper. The DIY bumper limits our investment in product (ie; Doesn't use our press, welders, or much employee time). In return, this offers a nice designed rear bumper at the fraction of the cost.

Pehaps you can find a local shop or fellow wheeler to do the welding. :thumb:

Nice job guys!

Thanks!

Have you guys come across any kind of a decent license plate light assembly you'd recommend for it?

I haven't been able to find anything to surface mount on a bumper like this that's low profile enough to avoid getting hit,

but strong enough to handle the occasional light hit.

And if you don't mind me asking,

how many of these did you make in the first batch & how many went already?

(I understand if you'd rather not say)

Thanks again!

Have you guys come across any kind of a decent license plate light assembly you'd recommend for it?

I haven't been able to find anything to surface mount on a bumper like this that's low profile enough to avoid getting hit,

but strong enough to handle the occasional light hit.

I'd just bolt the license plate to the bumper face all the way at the top and bend it with the bottom angle. Find a stud mounted luminator light and call it good.

And if you don't mind me asking,

how many of these did you make in the first batch & how many went already?

(I understand if you'd rather not say)

We sold 10 this past weekend.

I'd just bolt the license plate to the bumper face all the way at the top and bend it with the bottom angle. Find a stud mounted luminator light and call it good.

We sold 10 this past weekend.

Thank you for the reply!

I'm glad to see they're a good seller right off the bat.

The design is a good one, I bet you sell a bunch more after these guys post up their build threads.

And no one would complain if it eventually led to bigger and better DIY MJ stuff down the line (U-weld-it tail light boxes, u-weld-it flat rocker protection, or even outright u-weld-it rocker replacements in 1/8"-3/16").

Sorry to turn up the pressure up on you right after you release this awesome kit,

But you can't blame me for tossing ideas out there to a fabricatior/manufacturer with skills that's MJ friendly.

:D

My package of steel just arrived at work. This bumper design will match my classic JCR front bumper I have sitting around in the living room since last year. Which is great since neither will have the logo cut into them. :D

Which is great since neither will have the logo cut into them. :D

yup can agree there. i hate logos on my parts. ill rock a window sticker all day long but don't stamp, cut or weld the logo on the part. keep it clean, keep it simple.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dang, I'm going to have to remember this. These look pretty darn good! Hopefully I can find $265 laying around...No CC discount? ;)

I'm new to mjs but not xjs. Do yall have a front bumper for the MJ? Or will the xj DIY'ers work for the MJs?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dang, I'm going to have to remember this. These look pretty darn good! Hopefully I can find $265 laying around...No CC discount? ;)

I'm new to mjs but not xjs. Do yall have a front bumper for the MJ? Or will the xj DIY'ers work for the MJs?

Yes! all our XJ bumpers DIY or otherwise will fit the MJ.

I want one of these bumpers but I need to find a place close to Houston that can weld it for me. I may just get the Hanson bumper for $529!

Check local welding shops or local club members, its usually not to bad finding a welding place! 

Houston welding shops according to google: http://bit.ly/10kJ1qk

Welcome to site offically I guess lol Okay, thats what I though...so many things I want, so little money...

Welcome to site offically I guess lol Okay, thats what I though...so many things I want, so little money...

We've been here for awhile. Just don't check here often as our name doesn't pop up often! 

We've been here for awhile. Just don't check here often as our name doesn't pop up often! 

I just meant welcome with your offical account I just assumed with only 3 posts it was a new account lol but you know what they say about assuming... haha

• 2 months later...

Wow, might have just changed my mind about which bumper to go with if I go custom. Really like that these wrap around, too bad the front ones don't unless you cut your fenders. Still, really nice looking bumper right there.

Wow, might have just changed my mind about which bumper to go with if I go custom. Really like that these wrap around, too bad the front ones don't unless you cut your fenders. Still, really nice looking bumper right there.

Get some 98+ finders you won't have to cut them then

• 1 month later...

Well I think I'm going have to order a front bumper and the DIY rear this weekend

...Edited as to not take up so much space...

But quick question, does the MJ rear bumper have any spots to attach safety chains for when using the hitch?

Well I think I'm going have to order a front bumper and the DIY rear this weekend :brows:

...Edited as to not take up so much space...

But quick question, does the MJ rear bumper have any spots to attach safety chains for when using the hitch?

They can be seen in the picture below. The two rectangular holes below the receiver knock-out are meant to be used for safety chains.

MJ-DIY-Desc.jpg