WRZ's comanche Now the 96 od2 swap in progress

Wrz

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had some air bubbles in mine when I first installed that I couldn't get out, but they came out on their own eventually.

I checked today and the it bubbles did get smaller, makes me feel better lol

Black Sem interior paint

How do you like it? Does it rub off? Does it smell?

Hey they smell for like the first day and then their good. I've tried to get it to rub off on my white shirt to make sure it was safe for my other half and have not had any issues. My only complaint is the vinyl gets sticky end. Hot out but not too bad

• 1 month later...

Been awhile since an updates, Been busy with work. Ended up doing my oil pan gasket 3x before i figured out it was my oil filter housing leaking the whole time..lesson learned

Finally got my rear bumper welded, painted and installed over the weekend

Also tossed on a gibson tip for some bling ha

Here are some pics

sanded

primed

Few coats of hammered black and some clear

Really like the way it fits and hugs the bed for protection. Still have to drill holes for my license plate and lights

Also have some other goodies to install, and am waiting for my sliders to be shipped. 

more to come as always 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love it, so much skills! What is the actual name of the color on your truck? Is the hammered black rustoleum and what color/brand is the silver underhood parts? Your truck is an insperational build. All i need is time money and a jeep monkey to show me the way. Lol

i can get the paint code of the truck tomorrow for you, Which underhood parts were you talking about?

• 1 month later...

not much to update on, still getting my @$$ kicked by the jeep. can't figure out why its running super rich. I have collected a decent amount of goodies over the last few weeks for it 

After getting my license plates stolen i decided to get some custom ones, and used some led bolts to secure them

shot with the lights on

going to get the exhaust moved towards the right more so its not right under the plate

got my sliders in a few weeks back and finally had some decent weather to get a coat of primer on them

hopefully we get a warm day over the weekend so i can get some paint on them

Also have a superwinch, dual battery wiring, new rocker switchers, and some more misc items that need to be installed

more to come soon

. :MJ 1: .

• 1 month later...

no real updates, the Comanche will be down for a few weeks while i do a obd2 swap on it. Been having some wiring issued and figured i will as well do the upgrade.

Here's a picture from yesterday of my mj that conquered the 2+ft snow with ease 

will have more updates this weekend as i start the tare down

• 4 months later...

been a while since any updates, but ive been lurking weekly.  The comanche hasnt gotten better and ive changed just about every sensor with oem stuff. I finally narrowed it down to bad wires.

Bought a 96 xj to do the obd2 swap. The plan is to take the complete harness from headlights to tail lights, and complete dash and swap her in. Been about 2 weeks and have the donor completely stripped and the dash and engine bay stripped on the comanche.  During the process i found over a dozen duct tape splices in the engine and dash harness  :doh:   damn po's

Got the engine harness just about finished, just need to redo a few grounds.

Here are some pictures, but nothing too crazy 

Sad comanche stripped and primed for some paint

Fresh paint, New bottle and painted bracket 

Donor during harness labeling ( before pic before i took it out

stripped mj dash

Was really hard to actually start stripping snce i put soo much time and money into her, but was usless not running right

On a good note i did end up buying a new aluminum 3 core radiator, silicone hoses, dual battery harness,  and have a few more goodies sitting in the shed and at the powder coaters

stay tuned better pics to come this weekend