• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Picked up a Booster/Mst cylinder off a wrecked 00 XJ for FREE! Besides alittle fighting with the brake light switch it swapped in pretty painless. Have this mod on my Blue truck as well and it makes a HUGE difference in performance!

Highly recommended even on stock 2wd MJs.

• 1 month later...

Well its taken the better part of 9 months but i finally cured the slight missing and stumble issue with this truck. A bad spark plug (that was installed shortly after purchase) has been the culprit the whole time! 6 fresh Champion Copper RC9YC plugs and this baby runs the best it ever has under my ownership! I'm thrilled to finally have gotten to the bottom of this issue!

More happy days ahead on the road for Oscar! :thumbsup:

Sorry for the lack of photos but there really be nothing enxciting to see. Ha Ha, Anyway the truck is back up and running after a fuel pump swap, i also noticed the feed line between the pump and the sending unit had all but come off of its connection, that likely was hurting the performance as well. O Well all is good now and back to running strong!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nope, no clear coat applied. Just prepped (mostly scuffed) taped off the edges and rolled er on. Very easy process and is easly do able in any garage or outside if weather permits. Also its no more expensive (if not cheaper) than an aresol spray bomb job and is much more durable!

After about a year the paint has held up fantastic, havent noticed any major fading or chipping anywhere, even after being up aginst a tree @ 1 point. For a durable and cost effiiciant paint job, ill reccommend a Roller and brushes everytime!

Nope, no clear coat applied. Just prepped (mostly scuffed) taped off the edges and rolled er on. Very easy process and is easly do able in any garage or outside if weather permits. Also its no more expensive (if not cheaper) than an aresol spray bomb job and is much more durable!

After about a year the paint has held up fantastic, havent noticed any major fading or chipping anywhere, even after being up aginst a tree @ 1 point. For a durable and cost effiiciant paint job, ill reccommend a Roller and brushes everytime!

Sounds good how many gallons did you use?

• 3 months later...

Well i knew the situation wasnt gonna get any better on the passengers floor board so i decided to tackle that this afternoon.

Ive been fighting a water leak with this truck during hard rains, and all the matting and such under the rubber floor was soaked! :ack:

Luckly i was suprised there wasnt much bad rot at all, a small hole i had to patch, I then cleaned it up a bit and hit it with a coat of hammered paint   

That should hold it over for a good while ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Giving Oscar some attention today with replacing the leaking valve cover gasket

It was an adventure getting it into the garage, and itll likely be in there for a few days now, 2wd and almost 10" of snow/ice on the ground just doesnt work too well  :rotfl2:

• 1 month later...