where to get a MAT sensor

Hey, I know there are a couple of other forum posts on here about this - but I wondering if anyone has any fresh information. I need to find a new MAT sensor for my '88 Comanche and I'm hitting walls everywhere I go - I've checked all the online places mentioned on here (Rockauto, Tomco, Standard) along with all the local part stores and dealers, everyone tells me that it's no longer available. Any tips you can give me would be appreciated, thanks.

These are all aftermarket direct replacements for the Renix MAT sensor, CHRYSLER 33002382

AIRTEX 5S1004

AUTO-TUNE PT9599

BIG A 53-1009

BORG WARNER WT5502

CHRYSLER 33002382

ECHLIN TS5016

FILKO CS-62

GP/SORENSEN 779-19015

KEM 139-411

NAPA TS5016

NIEHOFF TS81351

NIEHOFF WA629EL

STANDARD/HYGRADE AX9

TOMCO 12120

WELLS SU330

Thanks for that info Don. I need to look some of those up becasue the only after market ones I have seen no longer have the pigtail harness on them, just a plug molded into the top of the sensor. The corresponding attachment on my engine bay harnesss will not reach the MAT sensor unless it has the pigtail on it :(

Thanks for the ideas, I did find that sensor on TeamCherokee (Intake Air Temp Sensor #17221.01) - but it specifies that is is for 1991-96 models only. I'm not really sure what the difference is but I want to make sure that it will work with my Renix system. I'll give them a call and see what they have to say - if that's a dead end I guess I'll start going through junk yards too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33023

Is this what you are talking about here?

Yes. Does the one you used also work on a Renix 4.0 ?

There are two versions I found.........1/4 NPT or 3/8 NPT.

You need to figure out what you have. Advanced Auto has the BW 'big' book they should be able to find the related 3/8 NPT one if that's the one you have.