Jeep 1991-2 Eliminator Stickers

jeepdoggydogB

Just finished up my 1991-2 Eliminator sticker intall from Spencer.

23659434016_large.jpg

I also updated my blinkers and driving lights to match the SF Giants as opposed to the Oakland Raiders amid concerns from certain members that silver and black was not their cup of tea (I could go either way).

23659434014_large.jpg

23659434011_large.jpg

My next major install will be the Iceberg winch plate and Aussie Winch.

:yes:

Thanks everyone :cheers: The hardest part was actually getting the early "Eliminator" stickers off of the bed, my thumb is still numb from trying to peel them off. I did not want to use diluted acetone or solvent as they have a tendency to cloud darker paints.

Magunda Pare! Looks super on your black beauty Joe. :cheers:

BTW, is your hood unlatched (right side) in pics 2 & 3?

Salamat Pare! It isn't unattached but it has always looked mis-aligned since I bought it. You have given me a great reason to buy a hood like yours! :cheers:

Salamat Pare! It isn't unattached but it has always looked mis-aligned since I bought it. You have given me a great reason to buy a hood like yours! :cheers:

It's a Reflexxion cowl hood, # 731800. But they are no longer manufactured and the ones that are left at the vendors are even more expensive than before. I hear that Keystone Automotive still has them.

Yeah, that's how they would look on my gray truck too. So I've decided not to do it. Also Spence never sent me any samples as promised to do some testing so the heck with it. They look great on Joe's black truck though. :cheers:

Same ones, but the grey is hard to see on my paint.

That is certainly the right way to apply those stickers, when I get my truck painted in about 5 years in black Cherry that is exactly how I would do it. After the application of clear coat that should finish the job very nicely!

Yeah, that's how they would look on my gray truck too. So I've decided not to do it. Also Spence never sent me any samples as promised to do some testing so the heck with it. They look great on Joe's black truck though. :cheers:

Don, I am color blind but my wife says maybe instead of gray and silver, black and silver might stand out better on your truck ? :cheers: I can't imagine that Silver and Gray would have been the only color combo offered from the factory as according to my wife it would have worked best with a black or white truck.

Don, I am color blind but my wife says maybe instead of gray and silver, black and silver might stand out better on your truck ? :cheers: I can't imagine that Silver and Gray would have been the only color combo offered from the factory as according to my wife it would have worked best with a black or white truck.

There was only one color/combo offered from the factory according to the manual Joe:

4636 350-1, TAPE PACKAGE, Bodyside, Silver/Charcoal

The silver wouldn't show up for moi. Also the damn red swoosh on the side has to be removed from my truck, and I'm afraid I'd have to repaint if I removed it. Ain't chancing that just for some decals, much as I like them.

There was only one color/combo offered from the factory according to the manual Joe:

4636 350-1, TAPE PACKAGE, Bodyside, Silver/Charcoal

The silver wouldn't show up for moi. Also the damn red swoosh on the side has to be removed from my truck, and I'm afraid I'd have to repaint if I removed it. Ain't chancing that just for some decals, much as I like them.

I hear babies cry because they are afraid of change too. You only live once!

Loose the swoosh!

Rob :D

Well Don, that leaves you with one alternative, another MJ!!! :brows:

Well Don, that leaves you with one alternative, another MJ!!! :brows:

Not a chance Mike. :D

I hear babies cry because they are afraid of change too. You only live once! Loose the swoosh! Rob :D

Well, as you know, I'd like to lose it. BUT it is the original dealer installed decal, and I've never seen another. Tell you what Rob; if I try to pull it and it pulls the paint off since it was installed over new paint in 02, I'll need you to fly down here and do all the prep work for a new paint job. Deal? :yes: