Project H3 RESCUE 2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking at it and owning two shortbeds, it really looks odd to me though. I keep finding myself wanting to reach into the screen and move the flare and rear axle forward!

;)

I feel ya. It should look better porportion wise once I get the planned rear bumper done. I debated on the short and long bed option and decided It was most important to me to have the extra wheelbase. After having front digs on my last rig (and will on this MJ) I prefer a longer wheelbase as long as it has cutters and dig. I'll be glad on the big trips like Moab were wheelbase is a godsent.

Cheers.

I blame myself for not testing it prior to buying MJ, but what a pain this morning. I woke up to 3 inches of snow and the excitment of driving in it. Put the MJ into 4wd and ......nothing. Just spun up the hill driving sideways because it just stayed 2wd. Guess I'll be getting under it to see whats up later today. What a bummer...paid $3500 for a 2wd MJ....lol.

I played around with it a little and got it working. It still hesitates to engage but it will engage. The t-case and axles are coming out anyway for better stuff so it works well enough for now.

Took it on maiden voyage yesterday. Played a little, did well for a stock, open diff rig.

• 4 weeks later...
i found your mj on craigslist. you buying that 91 2wd? trade ya my zj :yes:

Yes, mine is for sale due to buying a REALLY nice one. Here is the for sale link.. http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/2283874167.html for those who might be interested.

Here is a teaser of what I bought. I pick it up on sunday! This thing is almost everything I want in an MJ, pretty much my dream MJ down to the color. I'll probably just add an antirock, atlas, and mod the rear bumper and call it good, maybe a 44 front down the road too.

I'M STOKED!

Below is a listing of the highlights of the truck:

Body

1990 MJ - Unibody/Cab – RUST Free – Clear Title

1999 XJ – Doors, Fenders, Hood, Grille, and NEW Safelite Windshield, tinted door glass

Professional body work and paint job (Jeep Silverstone Metallic paint)

New CR Lawrence tinted sliding rear glass

Custom Rear 10g steel Bed/Corner Guards with LEDs

Rigidco Hybrid XJ/MJ rear bumper

Rigidco XJ/MJ Front Winch Bumper

Northern Tool Low Profile Black Tool Box

LineX spray in bedliner with XTRA (Will never fade or dull)

Interior

Agate interior was transplanted from the ’99 XJ

NEW Agate color carpet with double thick padding

NEW Wet Okole Seat covers with heating elements

NEW Headliner

Power Door Locks, Windows and Mirrors

Keyless Entry

Alpine Type S 7 Speaker Audio System including Kenwood amp and 10" sub

Kenwood KVT-514 In-Dash DVD System with Garmin Navigation Add on

HVAC Unit was rebuilt while out with NEW Evap Core, Heater Core and Blower Motor

Powertrain

4.7L Jeep Long Rod Stroker Engine Professionally built by Midland Engine

12cwt Jeep 258 Crankshaft, ARP Bolts, Jeep 4.0L Rods, Keith Black Forged Pistons, Moly Rings

Port-n-Polished Head, NEW Sealed Power Valves, Mopar Perf Springs, Locks, Retainers, 3 angle valve job

Harland Sharp Roller Rockers

Pacesetter Long Tube Header, Car Sound HiFlow Cat, Flowmaster 40 series muffler

AEM Brute Force Intake, 63mm Throttle Body, 24lb Ford Blue injectors

Accell 8mm Wires, Cap, Rotor, and Plugs

Hesco HiFlow Tstat housing, 180* Tstat, FlowKooler Water Pump, CSF Three Row All Metal Radiator

AW4 Automatic Trans

NP231 Transfer Case with P.O.R.C. Slip Yoke Eliminator

Rebuilt front and rear CV Driveshafts with Spicer joints by Universal Service in Charlotte

Drivetrain/Suspension

Rear MJ Dana 44 Axle, 4.88 Yukon Gears, Full Case Detroit Locker, Ten Factory Alloy Shafts, ZJ Rear Disc Brake kit with New Rotors, Pads and ebrake Pads, Ruff Stuff Simple Swap Kit, SOLID Diff Cover

Front XJ HP 30 Axle, 4.88 Yukon Gears, Full Case Detroit Locker, Alloy USA Shafts, JKS Mini Skids, Currie CorrectLync HD Steering, SOLID Diff Cover, 4 New MOOG Ball Joints, New Ceramic Pads, New Brake Rotors

Front RockKrawler 3-Link Long Arms, RK 6.5” Coils, JKS ACOS Spacers, JKS Sway Bar Disconnects, JKS Bar Pin Eliminators, Extended Stainless Steel Brake lines, Bilstein 5100 shocks

Rear is SOA with Ruff Stuff Simple Swap Kit using the MJ rear Leafs, Extended Stainless Steel brake lines, Bilstein 5100 shocks

Tires/Wheels

Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar 35x12.5r15 Tires mounted to 4 Matte Black Alloy 15x8 wheels

Two teaser picture

thats go4lo's mj. he put ALOT of time and money into that

EDIT: here's a build thread. pics are gone but it shows whats in it.

Oh ya...I've read the whole build thread! I'm traveling a long distance to get this so wanted to know all I could about it.

I can't wait till Sunday....may not be able to sleep...lol.

Yeah the original builder Woodkrawler sold it to go4lo in Indiana. It's too bad the pictures on his whole build thread are gone now. It was a great template for any builders wanting to do the 97+ conversion including myself. I offered go4lo 10k cash 3 weeks ago and he said he wanted to hold out for more.

Yeah the original builder Woodkrawler sold it to go4lo in Indiana. It's too bad the pictures on his whole build thread are gone now. It was a great template for any builders wanting to do the 97+ conversion including myself. I offered go4lo 10k cash 3 weeks ago and he said he wanted to hold out for more.

yup, I paid more. I consider it $ well spent.

I'll be the third owner. I'm picking it up from Indiana.

Looking forward to it. I'm tired of building my own rigs...time to buy one instead of build it.

Oh yes, I followed the build for your new truck to the T. I have much of the build saved, with pictures and slightly more organized, in a Word document. Woodkrawler was really the inspiration I needed to start the work on my truck :D

I look forward to seeing what you do with it. Oh yeah, its 10 minutes into Sunday :brows:

Oh yes, I followed the build for your new truck to the T. I have much of the build saved, with pictures and slightly more organized, in a Word document. Woodkrawler was really the inspiration I needed to start the work on my truck :D

I look forward to seeing what you do with it. Oh yeah, its 10 minutes into Sunday :brows:

I would love to get that file with pictures, let me know what we can work out. The build thread would be much better with the pictures and less of the jibberish of other posters.

Cheers, Jason

I would love to get that file with pictures, let me know what we can work out. The build thread would be much better with the pictures and less of the jibberish of other posters.

Cheers, Jason

Jason, just PM me your email address and I will send you what I have this evening. Its not 100% complete because some parts of the build didn't interest me.

Cheers, Jason

Jason, just PM me your email address and I will send you what I have this evening. Its not 100% complete because some parts of the build didn't interest me.

Ill take what you got! Thanks very much