"The Wood Truck" ....89 Pioneer

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the other radio worked but would cut out completly over half volume so I came across another and this 1 had a cassette player (fancy) So in it went.

Paint and wheels/alignment are on the horizon then this may possibly be passed onto my father for a general work truck for around the house. :thumbsup:

Stay tuned...not quite done yet ;)

• 1 month later...

Sorry for no updates on this monster recently. However it appears it will be staying in the family and has been used by my Father a time or 2 over this winter as for what he has deemed his "Wood Truck" When the weather gives me alittle time frame This truck will be sprayed in Krylon Desert Tan (per his request) then itll be giving a nice interior/exterior cleaning. So I havent given up on this poor fella and it has many happy years to come under my watchfull eye :D

• 2 months later...

Finally gave this fella some attention today, Hopefully with the cold weather gone I can now focus on giving this guy a nice coat of paint. I will be rolling/brushing on a color called Carmel, its a nice mellow Browish/tan and should go great on a primary work truck ;)

I spent some time this evening removing the rest of the decals and glue left behind from the emblems.

I hope to possibly have this thing painted this week sometime but we'll see.... I'm just glad for the nicer weather to acctually get to work on it. :clapping:

Its back up home from the garage :cheers:

A set of alloy wheels will be installed tomorrow hopefully and after a throrough interior cleaning Itll begin a new stage of its life. :clapping:

Will also take some good pictures of it all completed when possible :thumbsup:

Got the Wheels swapped over today :wrench:

Id say ive given this little fella a new outlook on life, as mentioned he'll be staying in the family as Mom and Dads work truck. I'm thrilled with how it has turned out and it has many more happy days ahead of it :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well The old OEM bumper on this truck had seen a hard life so I figured id help Dad out by fixing him up with a solution ;)

Since I had upgraded the bumper on my 88, I had my FEY bumper just laying around, still in great usable shape so i figured my dad would appreciate it.

Much better, and he can acctually tow his small trailer and wood splitter around with this 1 :yes:

I also took a few minutes and installed his Vent Visors, still sitting around from the summer :D

Nice night in the garage......Ill keep ya posted :cheers: