1 reply to this topic

#1 DansGreyMj

DansGreyMj

Comanche Addict

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • LocationClarksville Tn

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

I picked up a zj prop valve at the JY today to eliminate the rear valve and to prep my jeep for the 8.8 swap. My question is are the fittings the same size as the Mj prop valve or will i have to get adapters or swap the fittings and re-flare the tubes?
87 4.0 renix BA10 4x4, HP non-disco 30 w/297's, Ford 8.8, 4.10s, discs f/r, 4.5in coils ACOS, drop brackets, Currie AntiRock, Iron Rock Offroad Steering and Track Bar, SOA rear, and blk rockcrawlers 33s

#2 dasbulliwagen

dasbulliwagen

Comanche Fanatic

• Members
  • 2,911 posts
  • LocationAsheboro, NC

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:40 PM

I have never tried this or heard of it being done, but the ZJ is very similar in a lot of ways to the MJ/XJ. It should just be plug and play. Search the threads on here though, I seem to remember reading that it would be best to keep the original MJ valve and plug one of the ports in order to do away with the rear valve, though I can't tell you which one. Good luck!

1987 Comanche Sportruck 2.5 2wd 352,000 miles; Project: Comanche Limited
1986 Comanche X, 2.8 V6 4x4 longbed, bucket seat interior!, AC, PS, future project
1986 XJ Wagoneer 2.8 V6 auto 4x4 parts vehicle
former Jeep was 1986 Grand Wagoneer 4.2 slectrac,
1997 Buell Lightning S-1,
2- Hyundai's (gotta have something reliable)

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.