Smithe1811's Project Mjolnir

This will be a slow going project so don't expect updates to come very often. I bought this truck in Long Island NY. for $900. Its an 88 pioneer SWB, 4.0, 5 Spd. It came with the factory rollbar, factory gas tank and transfer case skids, bucket seats, cargo light, interior lights package a dash clock and a 3 inch lift. I didnt take any before pics so i'll just start from where its at now. When i got it the front bumper was trashed and there rear was non existent so the first thing i did was replace those, then i added some 6 inch lights i got from e-bay real cheap and put in a center console.

The future plans so far will be a 97+ front clip,

new paint, I'm leaning toward stone white

moab rims

steel bumpers

power doors

spare tire carrier

cowl hood

some type of storage in the bed

and maybe a sunroof just to name the bigger things.

Erik :beerhead:

That is a nice starter rig, Erik!

Thanks for posting and please keep us informed whenever you make an upgrade. I assume the four toggles above the shifter on your center console control the four offroad lights in front of your grill. Anyway, nice rig and you got a great deal!

V/R

CC :driving:

That is a nice starter rig, Erik!

Thanks for posting and please keep us informed whenever you make an upgrade. I assume the four toggles above the shifter on your center console control the four offroad lights in front of your grill. Anyway, nice rig and you got a great deal!

V/R

CC :driving:

Thanks for the compliments! The truck is the polor opposite of what i wanted, i was trying to find a LWB with a AW4, but i couldnt pass this deal over, I'm really happy with the purchase considering i sold my 86 2.hate auto for $1250.BTW the switches are for the lights.

Looks real nice man. Nice to see you getting into a 4.0 instead of a 2.8. I just got my truck on the road again. gotta start a thread for it.

Thanks Jordan, I'm sure we will have another big MJ parts exchange again so we can see each others MJ's.

I like it alot.......You might be close to having more light output than me :D 8)

There will be more to come :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Got a little work done this week, fixed my leaking exhaust, now i keep thinking something is wrong because i can't hear it. Replaced the rear slider with a factory tinted on with a working latch and i put some 31's on it.Most of the work to be done will get started come spring time.Still unsure about a good color though....

Got a little work done this week, fixed my leaking exhaust, now i keep thinking something is wrong because i can't hear it. Replaced the rear slider with a factory tinted on with a working latch and i put some 31's on it.Most of the work to be done will get started come spring time.Still unsure about a good color though....

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the crappy pics, my camera is on its way out....or my wife sabataged it to get a new one :fs2: . Either way, here are some crappy pics.

There is a VERY noticable difference with the TB spacer and intake tube on it, espacially on the low end, i don't know what its done to my gas mileage yet because i just put it in, but i will let yall know as soon as i figure it out.

• 4 months later...

Moved along a little bit today, i took the aftermarket sunroof out of my parts pig and put it in mine today here's the sunroof

the headliners.............and a football

measure twice? nope, had to do it three times before i was sure

Its supposed to rain tomorrow so we'll see how i did, now all i have to do it reupholster the headliner and slap it in.

Thanks, i was sweating friggin bullets right before i begain to cut, all i could think was if i screwed it up, how the heck was i gonna fix it? But it worked out perfect and I'm super happy about it, I'm goint to take the part of the roof that i removed and make an inside cover with it. It says 24 HOUR ROAD SERVICE and as for the history i havent got a clue, the guy i bought the truck from got it when a nearby buisness went under a while ago and he didnt know anything about jeeps in general, i can say that it has had some abuse. If you look at the pic of my roof before i cut it you can see where the holes were where they had a sign an amber light mounted and there are two holes in my hood where they probably had some type of hood ornament on there.

• 2 months later...

Made some progress on my body work yesterday, i don't have any in progress pics because i forgot to take my camera to my friends house, but here is a pic of the panel tacked on, just need to finish the weld, clean it up and move on to paint(whick is a whole other problem i have)

Hmm, off road service? What could be serviced off road? I wouldn't think big equipment, the truck would be to small to haul anything substantial. Maybe like a quad/dirtbike shop? Truck seems to flashy/optioned out to be like a company car like a railroad or communications truck. I would say a small business that would be interested in catching an eye with a company truck... That bothers me now and I don't even own it. Did you try carfax? I think they give you previous owners. DMV might too, maybe a small fee involved.

Interested to find out.

Rob L.

Hmm, off road service? What could be serviced off road? I wouldn't think big equipment, the truck would be to small to haul anything substantial. Maybe like a quad/dirtbike shop? Truck seems to flashy/optioned out to be like a company car like a railroad or communications truck. I would say a small business that would be interested in catching an eye with a company truck... That bothers me now and I don't even own it. Did you try carfax? I think they give you previous owners. DMV might too, maybe a small fee involved.

Interested to find out.

Rob L.

Offroad service? i think you may be mistaken, mine says 24hr road service. I'm guessing it was used to take care of minorly stranded motorists, ran out of gas, flat tire etc...although it does have the lift on it from that company, it had stock tires on it when i got it.