88 Comanche (My Style)..."The Blue Truck"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I'm hopefully done messing with my exhaust after my stint and experiment with hollowed cats and glasspacks.....anyway here's a few shots i snapped of my truck this morning outside my shop.

My Exhaust setup (hopefully for awhile)

Some interior shots (it needs cleaned BAD)

Next on the list i believe is body work above the rear wheels this spring... ;)

• 2 months later...

Well ive done a few little things over the past few weeks, nothing real exciting though basically just Oil Change, Grease ups and some Undercoating applied in certian spots. I plan on getting the bedside rust fixed up 1 of these days but overall its holding together for me great as usual. I got bored and decided 2 take a few new pics, so What the heck here they are :D

here's my 96 XJ also, notin special just taking over the Highway Quad Hauling duties from my MJ :thumbsup:

Its a Motion Offroad 1.5" BB, with 30x9.50 Hankook Dynapro MTs on 15x8 Crager D Window 4.75" bs steelies. Running the 9.50 tires on a the 8" wheels spread out the tread a bit but i like the stance and the look. I ordered a set of Spidertrax 1.25" spacers for the rear to get the tires out to the flares like the front and ill be installing them as soon as they arrive. I'm happy with it for what i use it for but next Spring (2010) hopefully ill be upgrading to a Motion Offroad 3" full kit and running 31x10.50s, with me having the XJ now i can make the MJ alittle more Off road friendly. My Hankooks have close 20k on them and are maybe at 1/2 tread so they got plenty of life left in em but when they wear out ill be upgrading to 31s jamminz.gif

Thanks for the comments and feel free to ask me any other questions that come to mind :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Well the rust killing is next on the list. Ordered up some replacement pans and POR 15 today. should have new floors and bedsides by the end of August, i also threw a bumper on the Truck and moved the pushbar to the XJ last month so here's a shot of that :thumbsup:

Pics of the new floors and repairs will come as well, also my plans for a 3" kit and 31s may just happen by winter jamminz.gif

lol, you sound like my friends :clapping: ......Acctually its just a rebuilt Stocker as far as i know, it was replaced back in 2004 and I can kick all the lights on including High Beams and the dash lights don't even dim! I don't like to run everything at once though but so far the Alternator and Battery seem to be taking the load fine :thumbsup:

The MJ is lookin' good.The deatails make the difference, good job. What front bumper is that, do you have any more pics? Looks like you'll be ready to hit the desert soon. :thumbsup: And if anybody gives you a hard time about the stickers, just tell them how much horsepower they add,haha. :D

I bought a set of bumpers off a guy on Ebay whos about 1.5 hrs north of me, their from a place called Ryans 4x4, just a small shop up there. I like decals (stickers) on alot of my stuff and i think they make my MJ what it is. Hopefully by winter ill be ready for some nice wheelin in the mountains. Ill keep everyone updated!

O yeah here's the link to the Ebay store of Ryans 4x4, ill also get some other pics of my bumper and my truck hopefully soon after my floors and bedsides are repaired :thumbsup:

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Ryans-Truck ... QQ_armrsZ1

• 1 month later...

Well its taken alittle longer that expected but my Truck is finally goin in for Rust repairs, My Cousin is helping me out and will be picking the truck up Friday to begin repairs/Replacement on the Floors, Drivers Side rocker and both Bedsides while i head to NC for an ATV Race. I gutted the interior for him tonight and snapped a few pics.....the Drivers side is pretty much a total loss but the passenger side only has 1 small hole and mostly surface rust. Hopefully by this time next week ill be posting up some pics of a refurbished interior floor (POR-15 and Bedlined) and some shiney new bedsides jamminz.gif ...Itll be like a whole new Truck!

Well here's the beginning and not 2 suprising sight :ack:

Passenger

Driver

Overall

Well its taken alittle longer that expected but my Truck is finally goin in for Rust repairs, My Cousin is helping me out and will be picking the truck up Friday to begin repairs/Replacement on the Floors, Drivers Side rocker and both Bedsides while i head to NC for an ATV Race. I gutted the interior for him tonight and snapped a few pics.....the Drivers side is pretty much a total loss but the passenger side only has 1 small hole and mostly surface rust. Hopefully by this time next week ill be posting up some pics of a refurbished interior floor (POR-15 and Bedlined) and some shiney new bedsides jamminz.gif ...Itll be like a whole new Truck!

Well here's the beginning and not 2 suprising sight :ack:

Passenger

Driver

Overall

Where can I get a lighted steering wheel like yours? Is that for mood lighting? :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Well its now 2 weeks later and I'm still floorless, my Cousin had some things come up but I'm now gonna tackle the job with 1 of my friends this weekend after he finishes his YJ tube fenders. Hopefully by this time next week ill be back driving my MJ jamminz.gif ....I love my XJ 2 but its just not the same :rotfl2:

Well a hard weekend of patching and Amature Body work is slowly paying off, Floors are in and solid once again and the Bedsides are patched, puttyed and sanded down. Keep in mind myself and my 2 friends that helped me have no bodywork experience and were all very pleased with the outcome :cheers: Now all thats left is primer and pait for the bedsides and POR-15 and Bedliner for the inside....I'm also Bedlining the lower portion and rockers on the truck thats why its scuffed up as well jamminz.gif .....Finally some progress

Well after countless hours, a long weekend and help from some great friends my MJ is back on the road.....ill get some final pics after i give it a well deserved bath but the Interior has been givin a new life, and the exterior never looked this good as long as i owned the truck.

here's some shots i took before reassembly, I'm very happy i got to take part in the whole project, it makes me respect my truck that much more :yes:

Herculined Interior

Repaired and revamped exterior

• 1 month later...

So if I'm following your thread correctly, the pics of your MJ from page 1, regarding your wheel/tire setup: those are stock Jeep alloys (15x7?), 30x9.50 tires, with 1.5" of lift?

My MJ has Jeep alloys (15x7), no lift, WJ LCAs on order (shld have them by Mon), and after the WJ LCAs are installed, I'm thinking hard about getting a set of 31x10.50s. I like the look of your setup from page 1, but I don't have any plans to lift it just yet. If I do, I'll probably go 3", and buy new shocks to match the lift (that's why I don't want to lift it right away, just installed new front shocks). The worst off-roading my MJ should see is beach sand and maybe a fire trail road, no rock crawling or anything "severe" like that.

I like that bumper too, might have to look for something similar...

Yep and i ran the same wheels/tires before i threw the BB on it as well with minor LCA contact. With the WJ LCA's you should be fine....31s should fit as well as long as your springs arent sagged too awfull bad.

I hoping to be at about 2.5" or so after i throw the ZJ coils and AAL on in the next couple weeks, that setup should work decent with 31s and mild offroading. :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Wow its been awhile since ive updated this....anyway i just completed my newest project this evening, Upgrading to some full guages (Thanks Wildman!) They were out of a Canadian XJ so some of the measurements are metric, i think its kinda cool, i did however swap out the Speedo to my orgional to keep my milage and to keep MPH, even with it in there I think it looks pretty good, still need an Oil sender which ill tackle tomorrow. Someday ill take some new pics of the truck as well when i get a chance to keep it clean. :thumbsup: