Project "no Direction" 1992 Comanche Build

After buying my first MJ in 2006 (a 1987 swb 4x4/4.0/5speed) I have wanted to build myself an all purpose truck. While I had my first MJ I was living in a place with only one parking space so I had to store it elsewhere which made it hard to find time to work on it. I ended up selling it about 3 years ago. Fast forward to this year, I picked up a 1992 swb/2wd/2.5 98% rust free. I have replaced the fuel tank and just getting started on some rust repair over the passenger rear wheel. Now that I have a garage I can work on it when ever I like.

My plans for it are always changing, that is where "no direction" came from. For now I am planning on swapping in A/C, power windows & locks and a new fuse panel from an XJ. I already have a D300 and a home built flip kit for it. Stay tuned for updates but be warned this is going to be a slow build.

The first MJ now sold

• 3 weeks later...

Made a little progress on the rust repair:

I located a donor XJ but it is an auto but the price is good. I just need to decide donor XJ or a mig welder for home? It sucks to have to drag stuff all the way to my work to use their welder.

I also picked up a Wagoneer D44 front axle. :clapping:

• 2 weeks later...

Slowly working at it, really holding off on any major disassembly until I have replacement parts.

I made a small score at the pick&pull today

I hope to have the new sheet metal fit and ready for weld tomorrow.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Small update:

Started getting the wagoneer front D44 ready for tear down, cleaning, axle truss, new shafts, locker, ect.

"No Direction" has changed directions again after a few months on the back burner, it now will be getting a 5.3L/4L60e/231-D300

I may substitute the doubler for an stak or atlas...if I can get a winning lottery ticket or sell the doubler(when it is finished).

• 1 year later...